Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41

Thread: Baseball and Batting Gloves

  1. #21
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Baseball and Batting Gloves

    I would like to swing it sometime then myself. Show those whippersnappers I still got it! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

    In all honesty, I love wooden bats. I had a LS that I took bp with, and used it in HS games occasionally until I broke it. Then had a Young bat, but that thing stunk.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  2. #22
    Inactive Member OAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 27th, 2003
    Posts
    1,435
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Baseball and Batting Gloves

    Mizuno Vintage Power Lock MVT
    Easton Z-Core Batting Gloves or some that I used in JV ball-they had special padding across the palm to help you hold the bat correctly instead of gripping the bat as hard as possible with your hands.

    Favorite bat would have been the LS Omaha 32", 29 oz.

  3. #23
    Inactive Member Ghetto_Heisman's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 6th, 2005
    Posts
    593
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Baseball and Batting Gloves

    I used a liquidmetal bat my senior year and personally I hated it. Just seemed dead to me didn't have the ping I was used to hearing.
    No Regrets

  4. #24
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Baseball and Batting Gloves

    [ QUOTE ]
    I used a liquidmetal bat my senior year and personally I hated it. Just seemed dead to me didn't have the ping I was used to hearing.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Its not about the ping, but about how much pop it may have. Of course, if you don't hit it solid, no bat will do very well. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

    I just about wish things would go to wooden bats in a way. The sweet spot is much smaller, but they still deliver good pop if you hit them properly.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  5. #25
    Inactive Member OAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 27th, 2003
    Posts
    1,435
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Baseball and Batting Gloves

    that is one things that hurts kids today is the lack of proper technique training when they are young. They develop bad habits which stick with them throughtout their playing days and they can not breaks those habits which denies them of their full playing ability.

  6. #26
    Inactive Member Monkeyhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2004
    Posts
    1,459
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Baseball and Batting Gloves

    I hate the ping sound, I prefer the crack of wood.
    crack is whack

  7. #27
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Baseball and Batting Gloves

    [ QUOTE ]
    that is one things that hurts kids today is the lack of proper technique training when they are young. They develop bad habits which stick with them throughtout their playing days and they can not breaks those habits which denies them of their full playing ability.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I agree man. I played a lot of baseball growing up. Luckily I was taught things pretty well, and went to some good camps also. The only thing that I felt like I didn't do well, was I started stepping out at the plate.

    No matter how hard I worked on it, with a lot of old gimmicks, I never could correct that problem totally. I did compensate for it at times, but that was one area that I worked, and worked on, but still had a tendency to do. It was just a horribly bad habit to break.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  8. #28
    Inactive Member OAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 27th, 2003
    Posts
    1,435
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Baseball and Batting Gloves

    that was also my problem. I think it was because, although I was taught right, I couldn't see the ball in little league (before I got glasses and contacts) and I never completely fixed it right. I think because I couldn't see the ball, my front foot would slightly step out and my shoulder flew out as well causing my head to look like it was doing a 180. My senior year in high school, it improved some because I started becoming more comfortable at the plate but by then it was too late to fix. I went to UK's camp with my bets friend before the season started which helped a little but in reality I never could regain the time I had lost due to stepping out when I swung.

  9. #29
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Baseball and Batting Gloves

    It started around my freshman/sophomore year after getting plunked a few times. I was a plate crowder as a freshman and took a few bean balls. I started, and was asked to sacrifice, or get on base alot. Something there started it a little I believe.

    I went to a great camp over in Bristol with Dave Rutherford, who used to be the coach at Sullivan East. He changed my swing structure a little, and I went from .300 my sophomore year, to .520 my senior year. I got a little swing happy my senior year because I was getting walked a lot. Dropped to about .440 my senior year. I credit Rutherford with a lot of my production because he shortened my step a little, and created a little smoother swing/body movement.

    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  10. #30
    Inactive Member Ghetto_Heisman's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 6th, 2005
    Posts
    593
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Baseball and Batting Gloves

    Common man I hit the ball pretty solid a few times [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] But I'm bout like you though...I love wooden bats always have
    No Regrets

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •